05 September 2008

So fucking lucky

I just have to say it again: I'm so incredibly lucky.

I attended Dragon*Con with Kat last weekend. Now, for those who don't know me, let me be frank: I suck at taking care of myself. Seriously.
I don't remember to eat for days at a time, I never drink enough water, I am more concerned about taking care of everyone else than getting any sleep, and GODS FORBID I remember to clean out my new belly piercing.
And for those who know anything about Dragon*Con, well, you know that that's a place where it's especially easy to forget to do those things. I was pretty much assuming I'd put myself in the hospital by the end of it.
What I hadn't reckoned on was Kat.
I recently referred to submissive men as superheroes. He is my inspiration for that. He ensured that I ate several times a day, reminded me to clean out my piercing, gently shepherded me to bed when I was reeling from exhaustion, and constantly supplied me with water.
You have no idea how hard that was! I'll be honest, I'm a pain in the ass. When I go longer than a few hours without eating and my blood sugar is low, I actively resist eating (I so fail at self-preservation). When I'm exhausted, I get punchy and bitchy and just plain nasty to anyone who suggests I go to bed. I'm a massive pain in the ass, and I don't mean in fun and kinky ways.

And yet somehow, without ever losing his submission, Kat chivvied me to bed when I needed it, convinced me to eat when necessary, even got me to drink water.

Baby, I don't know how you did it, but I'm so incredibly grateful that you did, and reminded all over again how lucky I am to have you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am just your ordinary average every day sane psycho supergoddess