23 October 2008

Morning Song

Another day has almost come and gone
Cant imagine what else could wrong
Sometimes Id like to hide away somewhere and lock the door
A single battle lost but not the war

(cause)Tomorrows another day
And Im thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

Its almost like the hard times circle round
A couple drops and they all start coming down
Yeah, I might feel defeated,
I might hang my head
I might be barely breathing - but Im not dead
Tomorrows another day
And Im thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

Im not gonna let it get me down
Im not gonna cry
And Im not gonna lose any sleep tonight

-Jo Dee Messina "Bring on the Rain"


I woke up this morning feeling a bit down, and very overwhelmed.
But I'm stubborn, and this was the first song to come on my media player this morning, which made me smile a little. It's a melancholy song, but it suits my moods quite well, acknowledging my mood without giving in to it.

So I made Thai Tea Blend (thank you, Terry, for introducing us to it- we're both hooked on it), and huevos rancheros, then actually cleaned up the kitchen a bit, and managed to get Jack's last transcript request faxed off before class.

Then, in a burst of Universal kindness, I checked with Lucivar about whether he and Terry are soming down this weekend and they are!
See Bella grinning like an idiot in the middle of Religions class. Vatican Council policies don't stand a chance.

Oh yeah, and I found crockpot jam/jelly recipes and another box of bread mix. Fucking awesome! I know what we'll be having for breakfast this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am just your ordinary average every day sane psycho supergoddess