01 February 2009

Good day

So I haven't had much to say lately.
The past couple of weeks have been hard, and I've been taking them harder even than they deserve. 

Yesterday starting me feeling better, though, so I'm going to write about it despite it's (mostly) lack of kinkiness. 

Jack and I started the day with lunch with the Cunning Linguist, who's in town for a kink event. That was wonderful, as always- no really, I hate being cuddled between two extremely attractive men. Seriously. Oh noes!
Afterwards, since we were too early to go to Archer's place, we killed some time at the bookstore, where I found exactly the book I've been looking for- yay!- and spent a happy half-hour taking copious notes in the margins. 
 
Eventually, Jack and I went out to Archer's house, and spent several hours putting arrows (mostly) into a target, for the first time in 10 years. Jack has a real talent for it, but I struggled a bit, especially since I was learning a new way to nock and fire that will be more compatible with mounted archery.
Yes, you read that right. 
Mounted archery. Like this:
 


















Yes there will be pictures eventually, but meanwhile I have to get halfway decent on the ground again, first :)

Afterwards, Terry and Lucivar joined us and we shot various firearms- Jack is enamored of the AK-47, probably at least partly due to his Russian studies. 
I stuck to handguns, as they're my preference anyway. Next time I might play with the bigger toys, but it's been long enough (and my shoulders were sore enough!) that I decided to stick to what I know. 

From there, we got some rather good Thai food, and then headed home, where I studied more before bed. 


Every once in a while, the Universe reminds me how worth it even the unpleasant periods of my life are. 

1 comment:

  1. The learning to shoot from horseback is really cool! What type of bow were you using?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am just your ordinary average every day sane psycho supergoddess