23 March 2009

Overdue: an anniversary

Friday was the Spring Equinox. 
I spent the day staunching the hemorrhage that was Jack's sister's wedding, and had neither time nor energy to stop and think of anything save the next disaster to stave off. 
So it was this morning before I woke to soft sheets and sunlight on my face, and I remembered:

it was on the Equinox, 6 months ago Friday, that Lucivar and I first bared our souls to one another... rather by accident, I think. 
It was on the Equinox half a year ago that I held my knife to his throat for the first time, and told him the tale of wolves in packs. That I named him my wolf-pup.
It was on the Equinox half a year ago that he fisted his hand in my hair and brought me back into balance. 
It was on the Equinox half a year ago that I first began to love him. 

Happy anniversary, Lucivar. 
I'm sorry that I missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am just your ordinary average every day sane psycho supergoddess